According to The Abecedarian Project, a federally funded study on the impact of educational intervention in the lives of preschool-aged children, “children enrolled in higher-quality preschools score better on cognitive tests throughout their lives.”
In our quest to create a preschool that sets a new standard for learning, above and beyond what you might find at other preschools and daycares, Carpe Diem not only exceeds state-mandated guidelines, we also follow the stringent requirements set forth by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
The caliber of our teaching and administrative staff is just one example of our commitment to your child’s early development and well-being.
- Every class is led by at least one degreed teacher and supported by additional teachers or assistants experienced in infant, toddler, and preschool learning.
- To ensure personalized attention and individualized instruction, we keep our student-to-teacher ratio extremely low.
- Every employee must complete a rigorous pre-employment screening process, including background check, education and experience verification, and drug testing.
- Each staff member is required to have first aid and CPR certification.
- Teachers and staff are required to participate in workshops and continuing education courses. Because we demand more from our teachers, we gladly recognize their credentials and offer them attractive benefits and above industry-average compensation. As a result, we attract better, more dedicated teachers who tend to stay with us year after year.