From whining and crying to picky eaters and fussy fighters, going out to eat with young children can often be a demanding and stressful balancing act. When planning to go out to eat in Allen, Texas or anywhere, if you choose the right restaurants, your family can have a nice dining experience and enjoy a lovely breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Finding kid-friendly dining options is an important pre-dining process for many parents and families. In fact, it’s safe to say that this could make or break how well your outing will go.
If dining in Allen, Texas, we’ve made this process a little easier for you and your family by providing a list of kid-friendly restaurants in Allen:
- La Finca Chiquita, 107 N Butler Road, Allen, Texas: A unique Tex-Mex style restaurant, La Finca Chiquita focuses on family, tradition, and flavor. Offering weekly dine-in specials, La Finca Chiquita allows kids to eat free after 5 pm on Tuesdays with each adult entrée.
- Mio Nonno, 939 W Stacy Road #160, Allen, Texas: Featuring a laid-back family-friendly atmosphere, Mio Nonno serves wide selection of Italian foods, including wood-fired pizzas.
- Sunview Café, 939 W Stacy Road, Allen, Texas: With a home-style menu and breakfast served all day, Sunview Café is the ideal spot for the breakfast-loving family. The café offers a variety of entrees for kids available for under $6 and features Mickey Mouse pancakes!
- Rudy’s “Country Store” and Bar-B-Q, 1790 N Central Expy, Allen, Texas: Featuring large wooden picnic tables, Rudy’s Store and Bar-B-Q is the place to go if your family has a hankering for some Southern-style digs. The “country store” sells specialty sauces, rubs, and smoked meats if you want something extra to take home.
- Black Walnut Café, 955 W. Stacy Road Allen, Texas: Black Walnut Café offers plenty of delicious and nutritious menu items for the “little acorns” along with organic juice pouches. Specializing in fresh and healthy foods, this family-friendly café also offers a complete gluten friendly menu, as well as plenty of vegetarian and vegan options.
Carpe Diem Private Preschool in Allen, Texas
At Carpe Diem Private Preschool in Allen, Texas, we believe that it is important for families to take opportunities to spend time with one another in diverse out-of-home settings. Going out to eat with your children is one of those opportunities that also presents itself as a valuable teaching moment. Dining out in a laid-back atmosphere is a great way to open channels of communication between children and parents. Kid-friendly restaurants also provide the right setting to teach children valuable life skills such as being polite, creating good first impressions, and practicing good manners.